Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Poetry

Last year I presented a month of poetry lessons to celebrate April. Poetry is a major part of my teaching. Whenever I assign a project, I always try to include at least one poem so the scholars have a variety of genre to read.

Two projects we are doing this semester include a poem. In the Irony Project we read "Richard Cory." For the civil rights project I included poems from many Forerunners to civil rights. I will conclude the semester by including Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken." The purpose of this poem is to ask the scholars about what they will do as they reach forks in the road. Sure some may quote Yogi when asked what one should do when we come to a fork in the road.

No comments: