Thursday, November 19, 2009
A birthday present from my oldest child, Emily, and her fiance, Greg was 2 tickets to see Bob Dylan at the Palace Theater, one of my favorite venues, on Nov 18 in NYC. I went with my high school friend, John.
A special treat was Dion opened for Dylan. He rocked and of course hearing the first 45 I ever bought, "Runaround Sue" was a real treat.
Dylan's stage was clean and subtle changes happened between each song, in darkness as the musicians changed instruments. I loved the light show and designs, well done. The outfits of the band was a neat gray suit uniform with black shirts. Dylan had piped pants and his broad brimmed hat. He was rocking all night. He was coherent, I recognized the songs, heard him sing the words. He was very animated on stage. The acoustics at the Palace is stunning.
Here's the play list:
Bob Dylan @ United Palace - 11/18/2009
1. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again (Bob on keyboard)
2. It Ain't Me, Babe (Bob on guitar)
3. Man In The Long Black Coat (Bob on guitar)
4. It's All Good (Bob on keyboard)
5. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard and harp)
6. High Water (For Charley Patton) (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on banjo)
7. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) (Bob on keyboard)
8. Forgetful Heart (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on violin)
9. Cold Irons Bound (Bob center stage on harp)
10. I Feel A Change Comin' On (Bob on keyboard)
11. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
12. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob center stage on harp)
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage on harp)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)
16. Jolene (Bob on keyboard)
17. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)