Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Monday, August 30, 2010

Biking in Stratford upon Avon

Biking in Stratford upon Avon

I woke at half six and took a walk into town to take pictures as the sun was rising and the place was sans people. I will have to remember to take some bread tomorrow because the swans and ducks expect food.

I returned home for breakfast and then headed out to rent a bike for the day. I walked to the bike rental spot in the Greenway and waited five minutes for Vic to open the rental shop. He outfitted me with a Trek Hybrid, a helmet, a tube, a pump, and a lock all for 13 pounds for the day. Vic provided me with a map that would take me on a 27 mile ride through the Cotswolds. He suggested a lunch stop at the Howard Arms. I had a carrot soup and a plate of Cotswold cheese with a couple of good ales. I picked berries as I rode. Farmers had bins of surplus fruit, plums, apples, and tomatoes available for free.

I started with a five mile ride along a Greenway, which is a converted railroad track, so I could used to the bike. t has been two weeks since I ode my bike. It felt good. Once off the Greenway I was riding through delightful roads or lanes in the Cotswold.

Went to the Dirty Duck for dinner and then to the windmill for the quiz. Took a walk to the birthplace on the way home.


No comments: