Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bob Dylan at Terminal 5

I entered the Globe of 2010 when I entered Terminal 5. The venue was fabulous. A big area for the groundlings with two tiers of balcony space. I remembered seeing Stray Cats at the Bowery Ballroom and danced all night. I've seen Dylan in many venues and sat in a chair. At home I dance to Dylan. When I arrived at the venue, it was nicely packed. I made my way to a good spot with a good view of the stage and am close. I had good dancing space. The only complaint is I wished the floor was raked at a 2 - 3 % rate so those in the back could see over the heads of those in front.

The stage was set and a couple of stage hands moved around the stage setting this and setting that. Since this was the third day, I would have thought they had their shit together. They had all day too. We don't need to see these guys unless they do some kind of entertaining. The guitar tuner could have done some licks, but no. Maybe a juggler or a mime while we wait for Dylan and the lads.

Once the band came on stage, the curtain opened and we were introduced to the backgrounds that were subtle and clever for the evening. Shots from stage left, overview and front would interchange with appropriate landscapes.

I always love the outfits of the band and Bob in that huge hat. I haven't seen Bob play the harmonica so much in a show and one handed too. Wow.

The audience was young, very young.

The final treat was the encore of three.

Set list:
1. Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking
2. The Man In Me
3. Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
4. Tangled Up In Blue
5. The Levee's Gonna Break
6. Spirit On The Water
7. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
8. Can't Wait
9. Summer Days
10. Forgetful Heart
11. Honest With Me
12. Nettie Moore
13. Thunder On The Mountain
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man
15. Jolene
16. Like A Rolling Stone
17. All Along The Watchtower

Finally, I hope he plays this venue in future trips and Neil Young too, because we stand to dance and it is only 6 blocks from my home.

Thanks,
Bob

No comments: