Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Monday, December 3, 2012

Off to the Brewery

I woke today to rain and strong winds which started last night and continued all night. It was better than snow since the rain melted the ice which has been covering the road surface and making for dicey driving. After breakfast, I retired back upstairs to read until noon when the rain and wind stopped and the sun came out. The temperatures have risen from -6 Celsius to 2 Celsius, a heat wave.


I got dressed and headed out to do some banking went to the post office and then head out to the Kafti Brewery, north of Akureyri near Dalvik.  I was the only visitor today, so I got royal treatment. It is quite the operation. The brewer was brewing and a truck was being loaded to distribute around Iceland. They brew beers for many organizations. For instance, the fishing ship get a brew with a label of the ship that they distribute to the crew. Music groups get their own brew as do clubs and organizations. Even GullFoss Falls restaurant has its own label. And of course I got to sample the different brews.


I had dinner at the restaurant Kung Fu. I had been told the beef was excellent, so I had the surf and turf. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and an ample amount. I returned to the hotel and watched the Newcastle Wigan match with the hotel night clerk, Alan, who is a great football fan and happens to be a Newcastle fan. The night is still not clear so no Northern Lights. The weather is clearing tomorrow for the next three days, so my fingers are crossed.

No comments: