Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Raylan

-->
Elmore Leonard is one of my favorite authors. I love his fast paced novels. I’ve become an avid Justified fan. I don’t miss a show because I DVR them. So when I saw Elmore Leonard’s Raylan sitting on the shelf in the library, I had to scoop it up. It’s fast moving and doesn’t exactly follow the series on TV, which is fine. I recognize many of the plots, though they do have different sequences and details. It sure is good though to take a break from the Erlendur series to have some good ole home cookin. The book is a series of interwoven tales that are very familiar. They are the foundation for the show. One thread became the backbone for one season, another thread the stuff of lots of this season’s shows. Lots of mixing and matching. This novel is more like a digest of the four seasons. Some changes, too, that are interesting. This novel ends with the episode I just saw, cool. Gotta go find Fire in the Hole.

No comments: