Practical Theory - The Origin
The Scholars in CyberEnglish
ToDaY's MeNu - Ted

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Eagles above me

I went to the beach and did some yard work last week. The bike was in the shop. The temperature has been in the 80's Monday through Thursday. I spent the day at the beach on Tuesday, the water was a bit to cool to go in. I saw an eagle soaring above and doing those majestic loops.

On Thursday, I was cleaning the yard and mowing the lawn when I heard some birds making a heck of a lot of noise. Frantic noise. I looked up to find them. Instead I saw an eagle soaring above me and blinding me once in awhile as it flew in front of the sun. I waved.

Then this morning I was outside and admiring the sky before my bike ride and there it was the eagle. Soon, I'm hoping to see a young one, perhaps in June as this parent has to teach the eaglet how to fly, fish, and soar.

All this is going to happen above me.

Last year, I saw three eagles from the beach and two others perched on limbs on two different rides. They are such glorious looking birds when they ride the thermals or just watch us from a limb.

No comments: